Friday, August 31, 2012

Stadium Grille Sold

The long closed (well, two years and two months) Stadium Grille property has just sold, according to city manager Kevin Baity. Buyer is the Bandanas BBQ chain.  The chain typically repurposes already existing buildings, only adding its signature sheet metal awnings to the exterior.  No idea how much the building sold for, though asking price originally was $1.6 million.  Bandanas did pay cash for the building and equipment, though apparently not enough to repay the loan to the city the loan the original owners got from the city.

Bandana's tentatively plans to have the restaurant up and running by this Thanksgiving (2012).

2 comments:

  1. I have always wondered if 17th Street would be unhappy if an decent BBQ place came to Carbondale. Don't know if this place is in the food business or in the Buffalo Wild Wings/Sports Bar business? Would you drive to Murphy for 17th Street's OK BBQ at big prices, or just stay in town? I bet I'm going to give these guys a few chances to win my business before I drive to 17th Street again.

    Of course, I'm always happy to have a long empty building filled in Carbondale. I'm just buying one to fill myself, a long block from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard 17th Street looked into moving into the Stadium Grille building a year or so ago but decided the investment not worth it, figuring that C'dale residents will keep driving to M'boro. If so, I bet they regret it now, having given a competitor the opportunity to move in.

    ReplyDelete