Want to learn more about solar energy? JALC and Advanced Energy Solutions Group will host a series of public meetings on the topic:
John A. Logan College and Advanced Energy Solutions Group are conducting a series of public meetings to educate Illinois residents about smart grid and smart meter technology as well as a bulk buy opportunity for solar power. Six events will be held, all open to the public, and one lucky attendee will win a free SolarWorld 285 watt solar module, valued at $350.
The presentations will provide context about upgrades being made to the state's electric grid and what that means for consumers. Several resources are readily available by visiting the website smartpowerillinois.org
In addition, AES Solar invites the public to learn about their current 'Go Solar Southern Illinois' program which offers participants tiered discounts based on how much cumulative solar power will be purchased through the program, which runs until December 10. The goal is to amass 100 kilowatts or more, and then everyone involved will enjoy a 20% discount on their modules, inverters, and racking.
All meetings will offer light complimentary refreshments, and more information is also available at aessolar.com/gosolar
- October 29, 9-11 am at JALC West Frankfort extension
- November 2, 6-8 pm at Design Center, 121 S. Illinois Avenue (train depot), Carbondale
- November 9, 6-8 pm at Mackie's Pizza, Marion
- November 16, 6-8 pm at JALC DuQuoin Extension, Room 1
- November 30, 6-8 pm at Tres Hombres, Carbondale
- December 6, 6-8 pm at JALC main campus, Carterville