Letters of interest are sent to the mayor.
2. Mayor reviews letters.
3. In a closed session of the council, the mayor makes his recommendation and shares the names of those that sent letter.
4. At a regular council meeting, a council member can make a motion and another council member can second the motion to accept the mayor’s recommendation.
5. The council votes on the mayor’s recommendation.
6. If the majority vote in favor of the mayor’s recommendation the process is over.
7. If no majority for that person, other motions can be made for other people to fill the vacancy.