Friday, April 30, 2021

Downtown Businesses

 Following up on the post about local restaurants with staying power, I got to thinking about downtown businesses, that are not restaurants,  that have lasted (oh and I forget Tres Hombres as one of the restaurants still around after 30 years). The ones that I have come up with are:  Old Town Liquor, The Door, Jerry's Flower Shop, The Door (storefront church so not technically a business but it has been here for 30+ years) and Priority Sports (previously Shoes & Stuff). Did I miss any?

5 comments:

  1. Picture frame shop next to PK'S ? Not sure if 30 years though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we go north of Rt. 13 on Illinois Ave. I can think of six business's that have lasted over 30 years. Napa Auto Parts, Dave's Automotive, Crispin Glass, Universal Glass, UHaul and AAA Auto Sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Frame shop has been here that long, as have the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phoenix Cycles and Carbondale Cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot about them as well. IIRC, Carbondale Cycle used to be in the building where Blend is now.

    ReplyDelete