Monday, April 25, 2016

Tax Code Revision

While I agree that the tax code needs extensive revision, I was mildly amused to get this survey from Rep. Mike Bost asking my opinion on the code. Based on the way it is worded, I will be highly surprised if he does not get overwhelming "yes" responses to his questions. Getting rid of the current tax code without anything to replace it with seems rather silly to me. Develop the replacement tax code, make sure everyone is somewhat unhappy with it and THEN replace the current code:

With Tax Day falling on a Monday this year, many Southern Illinoisans were feeling the last-minute dread of finding the right forms and keeping up with the ever-changing tax code.  It can end up being an overwhelming task.
That’s why I co-sponsored the Tax Code Sunset Act, which completely phases out the federal tax code and requires Congress and the President to develop an alternative that is simpler, fairer and more conducive to economic growth.
It’s critically important that you reply to the polls questions below to let me know if I’m on the right track.
Do you believe the current tax code is too burdensome and time consuming?
 
Yes
No
Not sure
 
Do you support repealing the current tax code so we can start over with a system that is simpler, fairer, flatter, and more conducive to growing American jobs?
 
Yes
No
Not sure

No comments:

Post a Comment