Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Kevin Lucas Orchestra

Rreceived the following press release from Kevin Lucas.  India is a fur piece from Carbondale:


The Kevin Lucas Orchestra is in the process of recording a new album under the Raveolution Studios Record Label in Bangalore, India. The owner of the label, Ricky Kej, is an internationally acclaimed New Age/World Music Artist who is signed by and has released 7 albums with Virgin EMI, which is a new label formed by the merging of several international labels including Universal Music Group. Ricky has written over 3,000 jingles for radio and TV shows as well as composing music for commercials for companies such as McDonald's and Microsoft. Ricky Kej also composed the music for the 2011 Cricket World Cup Opening Ceremony. Ricky and Kevin met during the heated Grammy voting month in October of 2013. Kevin's album 'Revelations' was in the 'Best Pop Instrumental Album' category and Ricky Kej's latest album was in the 'Best New Age Album' category. "Ricky and I started talking during the process and he heard several of my albums throughout the years. He told me that my latest album 'Revelations' was a masterpiece. I didn't even know that he owned a very respected label and was with Virgin EMI until he offered to compose my next album for me and release it with his label! We had been talking for about a month before I even knew who he was", said Lucas. Lucas added "I am extremely honored to be able to work with an artist of Ricky's caliber. He is an absolutely mind blowing artist and a true modern genius". Ricky Kej has already composed the new KLO album and has brought in many instrumentalists and vocalists to accompany Kevin Lucas, who is the featured artist on the album entitled "Echoes in the Sand". Kevin plays marimba, vibes, hand drums, and world percussion throughout the album, which has been designed around Kevin's percussion performance. The album will be internationally released and marketed, along with 2 music videos, by Raveolution Studios in late spring. "I had 4 months to record an entire album! It usually takes me 3 years! It has been an amazing challenge. Ricky got the album ready for me and sent the entire Pro Tools sessions to Misunderstudio in Murphysboro, IL, where I have been relentlessly recording. Ricky generously gave me arranging and artistic freedom.  He said 'Make it sound like KLO, and you have 4 months!'", said Lucas. The music videos are being filmed in the deserts of India by Raveolution Studios, as well as additional footage of Lucas in Southern IL by famed local film maker Dan Johnson.  Ricky Kej will be flying to Southern IL in May to visit with Lucas and to oversee the progress. "I am taking him to Quatros!", said Lucas.
 
This has been an amazing year for Kevin Lucas after the breakup of his previous band was caused by the editor of Carbondale Nightlife, Chris Wissman, who published Lucas' letter to the editor without permission. This pivotal career event for Lucas caused a very negative PR crisis for him as well as affecting the members of KLO to disband. Lucas elaborated, "I look back now, and I have to say.......Even though I believe Wissman had negative intentions for publishing that letter, it set me off in a completely radically new musical direction and I would not be where I am right now otherwise. I would not have even thought about starting a solo career and releasing 'Revelations', which is the album that garnered so much attention in the Grammys this year. I didn't get nominated, but the Recording Academy was buzzing about it! Now I would like to thank Chris Wissman! This opportunity that I have with Raveolution Studios is something most artists wait their entire life for! I am very fortunate!".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment