Sunday, January 3, 2021

Rep. Bost on Texas Lawsuit

 I got curious as to Rep. Mike Bost's reasoning for signing on to the Amicus Curiae brief in regard to Texas vs. Pennsylvania. so sent his office an email.  In case you want to know, here is his response in full.


Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding an Amicus Curiae brief to the Supreme Court in the case of Texas v. Pennsylvania, et al . I signed on in support of this brief, along with 125 of my House colleagues.

     The U.S. Constitution makes it clear in Article II that the Electoral College is to be appointed according to the rules established by each state’s legislature. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, a number of states changed the way that their election was conducted based upon decisions made by governors, secretaries of state, election officials, judges, and private parties. Because of these changes, many Americans have had questions regarding the security of the election. 

     For that reason, I signed onto the amicus brief supporting a call for the U.S. Supreme Court to ensure that this was a fair election and that every legally casted vote was counted. Our republic has been the standard for other nations to follow when holding their own elections. I want to maintain that standard of leadership on the global stage, and in order to do so, we must do everything we can to ensure that the American people have confidence in the system. The Supreme Court decided to not hear the court case, which ended the legal battle in Texas v. Pennsylvania, et al . Rest assured that, as your elected official in Washington, I will do everything I can to ensure our elections are conducted in a fair and secure manner.

    Once again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also invite you to visit my website at www.bost.house.gov  or follow me on Facebook (Facebook.com/RepBost) and Twitter (@RepBost). 

No comments:

Post a Comment