Thursday, March 7, 2019

Tom Grant

I reached out to current city council member and candidate for re-election Tom Grant with some questions about his candidacy. Below are his unedited responses:

Why did you decide to run for another term?

I feel I can still contribute to the community and remain as a voice of reason on the Council.

What do you hope to accomplish/see accomplished if you are elected to a second term?

I hope to see the Founders Park development plan completed and implementation started.

I hope to bring renewable energy solar panels through the middle of town along the railroad tracks. This will help free our dependence on fossil fuels and free up money in the budget for other community improvements.

I hope to assist the formation of private/public partnerships to create new jobs within the community (ie: innovation lab and maker space).

I will work to "right size" our police force and reduce the pension burden to a sustainable level.

I hope to continue the sustainability plan started by the sustainability commission and see it published and implemented.

I hope to assist the City and Park District in finding an equitable solution to the funding of city parks as they are vital to the health and well being of our community.


  
What else, if anything, would you like voters to know?

I love our community.
We have the best of everything and are truly blessed to live in this time and place.
Together, with our hard work, a positive attitude and being helpful to all, we will make Carbondale its best yet!
We have many energetic young people seeking a place to fit in and make a living.
We need to coddle new ideas and embrace new technologies that create jobs and are good for the planet and our citizens. 

Thomas Grant
Council Member and Candidate for Re-election.

No comments:

Post a Comment