Monday, July 20, 2015

Eat Local and Win

Somewhat similar to their Christmas Shop Local program, the Carbondale Chamber of Commerce has launched an Eat Local and Win contest. Pick up a punch card, spend $7 or more at one of the local restaurants and get a punch on your card. 5 punches get you entered into a drawing for $250 in gift cards and you can enter multiple times.

The big problem I see with the program is the restaurants not informing their staff about the program and customers not getting punches on their cards. I know that several times, with the Christmas promotion, I would make a purchase at a participating store and would have to ask for a punch on my card. In at least one case, the clerk didn't know what I was talking about, so I did not bother pushing it. Making sure everyone at the business knows about the program and can talk it up with customers is the key to a promotion like this succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment