Thursday, November 29, 2012

City Council Candidates

Here's the official list of candidates running for the three open city council seats. Lee Fronabarger is the only councilman seeking re-election.  Of the rest on the list, Brent Ritzel ran for mayor during the last election, while Jessica Bradshaw and Jerrold Hennrich both sought council seats.  Navreet Kang serves as chair of the Planning Commission and Carl Flowers has served on the Carbondale Park District board in the past.  Pepper Holder is a long time community activist who ran for mayor in 2006, while Blaine Tisdale serves on the city's Human Relations Commission.  Not sure about the others.  Can anyone provide bonafides on them?

2 comments:

  1. I saw that a mention was made of my attendance at the Planning Commission meetings during the past year. Yes, it was 33% but it was due to some extenuating circumstances, and yes, I do care to elaborate. If anyone cares to go back longer, you're welcome to look it up at the city hall. My attendance record was even better, but here is my past five years' attendance record:

    Year Attendance

    2007 100%
    2008 100%
    2009 78%
    2010 75%
    2011 33%

    In 2010, I had a baby boy, and my wife was working mostly evenings while I had to take care of my son during those times, thus missing the meetings. I had always offered to attend in case there was a lack of quorum to the Planning Division. I wanted to seek a seat on the City Council 3 years ago, but due to these commitments, I stayed back. Now my son will be 3 years old, and my wife having better employment hours, I will be able to devote all the time necessary to carry out my duties as a Councilman.

    Navreet Kang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Copied this to the main blog so more people will read it.

    ReplyDelete